Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) have been identified as the two most backward groups of Indian Society. The cell has been established to support and to bring students from such communities into the main stream.
- To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of student life effectively.
- To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any.
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the carrier growth.
- To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of Govt. of India / State Govt. / DTE.
- To take follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India / State Govt. / DTE.
- To collect reports and information of State Govt. and DTE orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST & OBC Students.
- To circulate State Govt.and DTE decisions about different scholarship programs.
- To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future planning.